St. Gerard House is a place where passionate people come together to help those who are in need. We are always trying to meet new people and finds ways to fit passionate, talented individuals into our organization. Through various programs and administrative duties, SGH has many different options for those trying to use their skills to better the lives of others.
Job Overview: The Development Associate is responsible for supporting the fundraising operations of St. Gerard House. St. Gerard House’s mission is to help individuals with autism and their families experience more joy and achieve meaningful outcomes. St. Gerard House is experiencing exponential growth, and we seek a Development Associate to support our Development team as we expand. The ideal candidate will have experience in the nonprofit sector, excellent time management skills, and
Reports To: Development Director
Supervising Duties: none
Work Schedule: Mon-Thurs: 9am-2pm
Employee Classification: Hourly, non-exempt, 20 hours per week
- Knowledge of nonprofit organizations and development activities
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and other design software
- Experience with Bloomerang desired, but not required
- Experience with special events
- Willingness to work as a team but have the ability to work well independently and
- Take initiative
- Essential Responsibilities: The primary duties of the position include but not limited to:Administrative and Database Support:
- Manage and maintain all records in the donor database to maintain accuracy
- Enter all monetary and in-kind gifts into donor database, and prepare reports for
- mailing lists, special events, and other purposes as directed by the Development Director
- Coordinate the production and distribution of the annual report, newsletters (staff and e-newsletter), direct mailings and press releases.
- Maintain online presence with Facebook and Instagram pages
- Ensure all content on the SGH website is accurate, and updated on a regular basis
- Manage planning, logistics, and day of duties for annual Mardi Gras fundraising event and be able to commit additional in office work hours during the weeks leading up to the event.
- Provide support with logistics and preparation for the annual First Words of Hope Luncheon.
- Help coordinate smaller events as directed
- Communicate with directors regarding concerns and questions
- Uphold all SGH Values and follow the center’s policies and procedures.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
Salary is $13.00 per hour, non-exempt
Deadline to apply is November 30th, 2019
Academic Program Assistant
Job Overview: The Academic Program Assistant’s overall responsibility is to assist and provide support to the Academic Program Coordinator in the individualized academic curriculum for each full-time, school-aged child in the Grotto Program.
Reports To: Academic Coordinator
Supervising Duties: none
Work Schedule: The Academic Program Assistant is expected to be present during the Center’s operating hours
Employee Classification: Hourly, part time- 20 hours, non-exempt
Qualifications: The Academic Program Assistant should be an individual who has a positive attitude and works well on a team. They must also be willing to be flexible and have good communication skills.
Essential Responsibilities: The primary duties of the position include:
• Provide support to the Academic Program Coordinator by reinforcing lessons in an individual or small group setting.
• Assist in documenting student progress
• Implement, under the supervision of the Academic Program Coordinator, instructional programs and lesson plans for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts
• Assist with the administration of appropriate assessment tools
• Assist with the preparation of materials to meet the instructional needs of individual students and/or small groups
• Assist with data collection as needed
• Communicate with Academic Program Coordinator and collaborate as necessary to address students’ behavior, academic, and other needs.
• Comply with all necessary standards and regulations (HIPPA, Child Care Licensure, DCD, NCPE, etc.)
• Communicate with directors regarding concerns or questions
• Maintain a positive and professional relationship with fellow employees, parents, children, visitors, and volunteers
• Communicate and collaborate with staff, parents, and any other stakeholders as necessary and as permitted
• Uphold all SGH Values and follow the Center’s policies and procedures
St. Gerard House is seeking entry level, positive and enthusiastic Behavior Technician looking to provide direct teaching and behavioral support to individuals with unique learning needs. The Behavior Technician will work 1:1 with a child with special needs under the close supervision and guidance of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst in a clinical setting (center-based). We are looking for punctual and reliable people who are creative, animated, and can make learning fun while sticking to procedures.
Experience working with children with disabilities is required. ABA experience is not required, but preferred. Bachelor's Degree in Early Education, Psychology, or Associate's Degree in related field preferred.
St. Gerard House offers a positive working environment and paid time off. SGH will pay for and provide the training for the Registered Behavior Technician Certification. SGH provides supervision for employees working towards their BCBA.
Please check here regularly for updates. We welcome resumes even if no openings are posted.