St. Gerard House is a place where passionate people come together to help those who are in need. We are always trying to meet new people and finds ways to fit passionate, talented individuals into our organization. Through various programs and administrative duties, SGH has many different options for those trying to use their skills to better the lives of others.
Job Overview: Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED) and Board of Directors, the Development Director will spearhead (coordinate) development efforts as St. Gerard House continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to enhance the development function.
Reports to: Executive Director
Work Schedule: The Development Director is expected to be present during the Center’s operating hours
Employee Classification: Salary, Exempt- 30 hours per week
Qualifications: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access); Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat); Word Press, Google Suite
Essential Responsibilities: The primary duties of the position include:
· Develop and execute St. Gerard House’s annual fundraising plan – including setting and reporting on specific funding goals.Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
· Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
· Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
· Collaborate with a team on event planning and logistics for 3 special fundraising events annually. This includes instituting sponsorship opportunities for Mardi Gras and Fall event, as well as increasing sponsorship of Annual Luncheon.
· Working with the ED, develop and implement SGH’s grant calendar and submit letters of inquiry and grant proposals.
· Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising Collaborating with the ED and Board, incorporate a Major Gifts strategy
· Expand Mobile Giving Platforms
· Implement a Planned Giving Program
· Along with the ED, represent organization at community events, as needed
Project management: Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and experience in managing complex and multi-dimensional projects.
Time management: Ability to work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines without compromising attention to detail
Team player: Ability to work independently as well as function cooperatively and productively as a member of a team. Great interpersonal skills. Ability and willingness to be self-starting and take initiative.
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills, ability to convey ideas to different types of individuals.
· Strong editing skills.
· Positive, “can-do” attitude.
Confidentiality: Ability to handle confidential material accurately and with sensitivity.
St. Gerard House is seeking entry level, positive and enthusiastic Behavior Technician looking to provide direct teaching and behavioral support to individuals with unique learning needs. The Behavior Technician will work 1:1 with a child with special needs under the close supervision and guidance of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst in a clinical setting (center-based). We are looking for punctual and reliable people who are creative, animated, and can make learning fun while sticking to procedures.
Experience working with children with disabilities is required. ABA experience is not required, but preferred. Bachelor's Degree in Early Education, Psychology, or Associate's Degree in related field preferred.
St. Gerard House offers a positive working environment and paid time off. SGH will pay for and provide the training for the Registered Behavior Technician Certification. SGH provides supervision for employees working towards their BCBA.
Please check here regularly for updates. We welcome resumes even if no openings are posted.