St. Gerard House is a place where passionate people come together to help those who are in need. We are always trying to meet new people and finds ways to fit passionate, talented individuals into our organization. Through various programs and administrative duties, SGH has many different options for those trying to use their skills to better the lives of others.
Behavior Therapist/ABA Instructor
St. Gerard House is seeking entry-level, positive and enthusiastic ABA instructors looking to provide direct teaching and behavioral support to individuals with unique learning needs. The ABA Instructor will work 1:1 with a child with special needs under the close supervision and guidance of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. We are looking for punctual and reliable people who are creative, animated, and can make learning fun while sticking to procedures.
Bachelor's Degree in Early Education, Psychology, or related field or Associate's Degree and experience working with children with disabilities.
SUMMER DAY CAMP TEACHER
St. Gerard House is now hiring a full-time instructor position for our Summer Program. The Summer Camp runs 8 weeks, June 11 - August 10, 2018. The position runs approximately 10 weeks June 4 - August 15, 2018.
Objective: The objectives of our Summer Camp are to offer Kindergarten and First Grade preparation for our typically developing students in addition to selected students with special needs deemed ready for more integration in the fall. We aim to provide as much individualized instruction as possible. Daily curricula are created based on, but not limited to, the following goals: social skills, visual perceptual skills, receptive language, labeling, communication, grammar, learning under group instruction, reading, math, writing, spelling, fine motor, gross motor, and adaptive daily living skills (self help).
• Develop and execute lesson plans following the weekly book theme
• Prepare and deliver daily reports to parents
• Follow Division of Child Development guidelines for the classroom
• Facilitate interaction between all students
• Works on social skills growth for every student
• Use group management skills to engage all children in daily activities
• Commitment to teamwork and collaboration with our Registered Behavior Technicians and supervisory staff
• Willingness to learn
• High School degree or higher education
• Approved background check through Division of Child Development (DCD)
• Provide negative TB tests prior to start date
Please submit your resume, cover letter stating how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to our office.
Please check here regularly for updates. We welcome resumes even if no openings are posted.