Full-day, year round educational and therapeutic services to children aged 3 - 21 with autism spectrum disorder.
The Grotto Center
All Grotto Programs Utilize the Science of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
The Grotto Therapeutic Center provides a fun and welcoming environment where each client can interact with a number of staff members and peers. It is a year-round educational and therapeutic program for children aged 3 – 21 with autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disabilities. Grotto students receive individualized behavioral, academic, and social skills training. All Grotto skill acquisition and behavior reduction programs are founded in the science of ABA.
Evidence Based Therapy
Effective Skill Building
Treatment approaches, grounded in ABA, are considered to be the gold standard of therapeutic and educational supports for individuals with autism.
Our highly trained behavior technicians employ techniques proven effective to teach skills, including but not limited to discrete trial instruction, incidental teaching, pivotal response training, and structured learning. ABA focuses on the reliable measurement and objective evaluation of observable behaviors and their relations with the environment. The goal of any ABA program is to teach skills that will promote independence and success with both short and long term goals. ABA techniques work across all environments — in homes, centers, schools, and places of employment. We believe that people can benefit from ABA interventions at any age and at SGH, ABA is implemented within a developmental framework (i.e., the ways we teach and the skills we teach are developmentally appropriate.)
Our process includes the following steps:
- An initial comprehensive assessment is conducted and used to identify relative strengths and weaknesses.
- Goals and objectives are developed.
- A method of measuring behavior is established and baseline data are collected.
- Individualized skill acquisition and behavior reductions plans are implemented.
- Real-time, continuous measurement systems of all target behaviors are utilized to determine the effectiveness of the personalized plan.
- Senior staff provide ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of the plan, with modifications made as necessary to maintain and/or increase both the effectiveness and the efficiency of the intervention.
We currently have a waitlist for enrollment. If you are interested in adding your child to the waitlist, please complete the form or call our office to learn more about our services at (828) 693-4223.